Is there anything in your profile or a co-worker's profile that is dishonest?
I have never been dishonesty on my profiles. But in reviewing Hancock (2012) interviews in regard to lying, I realize that I have been dishonest in reviewing an art made by a friend in class. Personally, I do not acknowledge lying as it can cause to family or marriage breakage. I have seen a co-worker who has a dishonest profile which he uses to manipulate people. The co-worker has several profiles which he uses to deceive people and attracts them to fall for his experiences and accomplishments but his life is based on deception.
In what ways has virtual communication and social networking contributed to or dissuaded unethical behaviors?
In my view, virtual communication and social networking do not lead or dissuade individuals from conducting unethical behaviors. Virtual communication, as well as social networking, contributes to a sense of secrecy, which creates individual opportunities to exercise unethical behavior. However, individual use of technology determines behavioral outcomes. Clampitt (2017) outlines that ethical organizational climate is guided by a personal integrity which connects to culture principles and the governed rules. This statement is true as usage of various media determines if people can observe ethical values.
In what ways has watching this talk changed the way you will communicate within and outside your workplace?
Hancock (2012) points out that there exist “no sufficient cues to lies”. This statement will guide while communicating as at some point I find that people lie in regard to their physical behavior. Therefore, understanding that the physical behavior does not show individual truthfulness will keep me watchful. This knowledge will help me in examining motives and evidence to determine when an individual is lying and will also guide me in and outside the workplace.
References
Clampitt, P. G. (2017). Communication for Managerial
Effectiveness (6th ed.). [Kindle Paperwhite version]. Retrieved from http://www.Amazon.com
Hancock, J. (2012). The future of lying[Video
file]. Retrieved from https://www.ted.com/talks/jeff_hancock_3_types_of_digital_lies
Comments
Post a Comment